4th Annual Ukhamba Greening Schools Competition
The Ukhamba Greening Schools Competition is an annual event that takes place as part of the Ukhamba Development Project to recognize and reward green school efforts in sustainable green school management.
Working in line with the National Development Plan to engage on environmental issues that affects our communities daily, the competition serves as a tool to:
- Encourage learners in turning their schools into climate proof schools.
- Encourage learners to practice sustainable agriculture in their schools.
- Promote energy efficient schools.
- Encourage learners to take part in waste management. Separation at source (Reuse, Reduce and Recycle)
- Instil water conservation values.
This year’s award ceremony will be hosted by Soweto Theatre on the 11th of October 2019. Entrance is free for schools participating in the competition. Event closed to public participation.